Remember Me?

Should "Remember me" be ticked by default ?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
madmatt said:
When logging in I think the "remember me" checkbox should automatically be checked. Most users will want to be logged in automatically and use this feature. Save us a step.

I am sure the number of users that use this feature out numbers those who don't.

For those using shredders and privacy softwares, I don't think it'd make a difference. Once the cache/cookies are cleared, you have to re-enter your log in details.

Pfffffft, at least be fair about it :rolleyes:

Attachments

• pfffft.jpg
    pfffft.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 87
Somebody always has to to it :rolleyes:

I voted no,if I wanted it ticked I'll tick in myself thank you :D

Lazy people not wanting to check a simple box. :p

Yes, I am lazy. Get over it!

Even before the poll was fiddled with :rolleyes: the votes were in favour of it being checked by default. So I guess that's the way it will stay.

locked.gif

Hmmf.

I hadn't changed it previously because I thought it being more secure was important than a matter of convenience.

On one hand you have the users who won't have to check a box and will remain logged in until they clear their cookies or logout. Had that box been cleared they would only have the inconvenience of having to check a box once.

On the other hand, you have the users that want to use a shared machine or don't want to remain logged on, they will then have to check that box everytime. Should they miss that checkbox they could well compromise their account and perhaps even lose access to it.

So on one hand you could be saving one step once for some people, but adding a step everytime for others... thats why I hadn't changed it - but I won't undo what one of my admins has already done.

Electronic Punk said:
So on one hand you could be saving one step once for some people, but adding a step everytime for others... thats why I hadn't changed it - but I won't undo what one of my admins has already done.

However, accessing it from a shared computer already leaves one open to vulnerabilities, like key-loggers, and others. You always on a shared machine have to make sure to fully log out of everything, and if possible, remove saved passwords of any way shape or form. The convenience factor for them is already non-existant.

If you feel that this change should be reversed, it will be done, I don't think it is of any benefit, as with it not checked, it sets a temporary session cookie, which can sometimes even expire before one is done browsing the forums (has happened to me in FireFox and IE).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back