Religious tolerance tested....

Disturbed by call to prayer music, would you....

• Whack your own playlist on full blast....

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Pop aroung to ask them if you can join them at prayer!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait until you see them and mention it then

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Do nothing - it's their religion & you must accept it

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Send them a note/letter letting them know

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Launch a Jihad against the neighbours! (= "Holy War")

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Update time:-

first the boring news, tried last night after their call to prayer could be heard over my (quiet) TV but only the wife was in and she said her English was not good and I know enough about their culture that I need to talk to him. Did that this morning, he said he was very sorry and he would try moving the speakers or whatever away from the wall (since theirs is an end of terrace he should be able to move them opposite from me!) We'll see if that helps.

Now the funny news:-

On Sunday I called into BBC London - they had this program and asked you to tell them what you would "audit out of your life" - nyway I called in to say I would lose prejudice. They asked for some examples, after another one they did not get then the neighbours came up! Well the presenter suggested ear plugs (funny no one here has said that yet!) and we discussed a little and they finished the call saying they wanted to call me back next week and see how the situation had gone..... !

Part of me really feels this is out of control in a weird way, but wtf, I won a freebie book calling the radion station, so it ain't all bad for sure!

The biggest thing is that you are dealing with the issue in a respectful manner. Far too many ppl wouldn't with the current world events. It is sad but true.

hehe well if they end up being inconsiderate about it at anypoint we have more than enough speaker output to pound them into the middle of next year :)

so far though I'm happy to say from waht MFG has been saying they are being very considerate - which is a first as I've only ever encoutered Muslim types with a giant chip on their shoudlers to date.

Maveric169 said:
The biggest thing is that you are dealing with the issue in a respectful manner. Far too many ppl wouldn't with the current world events. It is sad but true.
Exactly. And its VERY sad that rude is winning the poll in this thread. :(

TittleBitties said:
its a tie between rude and nice.

as I post teh count is

Rude = 10

Nice = 7

Least that is the way I am reading poll anyways

Mainframeguy said:
Update time:-

Now the funny news:-

On Sunday I called into BBC London - they had this program and asked you to tell them what you would "audit out of your life" - nyway I called in to say I would lose prejudice. They asked for some examples, after another one they did not get then the neighbours came up! Well the presenter suggested ear plugs (funny no one here has said that yet!) and we discussed a little and they finished the call saying they wanted to call me back next week and see how the situation had gone..... !

Part of me really feels this is out of control in a weird way, but wtf, I won a freebie book calling the radion station, so it ain't all bad for sure!
Keep us waiting, what was the book? "Better walls make better neighbor"
What?

My neighbor is much the same, except it's techno music. Usually he won't go to bed until about 1 am. But since I don't have much to do atm, neither do I. The annoying thing is when he gets home from a party at 3 am and decides to party som more until 5 am (yes, happened twice). My bookshelf vibrates...

I've told him he was noisy and the answer was "Oh, sorry. I don't think about that usually." Annoying critter...

Mainframeguy said:
as I post teh count is

Rude = 10

Nice = 7

Just go about it in a civil and rational way. There's no point being rude. If they don't co-operate, you can then decide what step to take next, but it usually helps if you ask politely first.

Mainframeguy said:
as I post teh count is

Rude = 10

Nice = 7

You gotta add the all the rude and all the nice together then it would be a tie but people have voted since then so nvm now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back