Registry reverts to "unchanged" state after 2 Reboots

J

jomz

This is in connection with the "Menu-Delay" problem thread I made.

While I've been having success in changing the menu-delay using "regedit", I just noticed that after 2 reboots, the registry values which I have changed need to be "re-changed" to the ones which I like.

At the moment, I'm having trouble AGAIN with the "Menu Delay". I change it to 400, but after logging off, and restarting...or just shutting down the PC and turning it back on... I FIND the registry (also with the "Menu Delay" value becomes 0) in its old state.

Is there any way to commit/save or just retain the values after restarting.

Or is this just freaky software problem.

Thanks!

Could be a conflict. Have you got any other tweaking apps installed?

Power toys has tweakui with it. The setting for the startmenu is in tweakui. See what the setting is in there.
If you uninstall it you might have to make the change one more time, don't know for sure???

Just had a look in tweakui & could not find that setting. Must be somewhere else. If all else fails try uninstalling powertoys. You can always reload it if needed.

Sorry - uninstalling a tweaking utility does not have any effect on the registry or tweaks already made. The system does not know the tweaker exists until you use it, and after that it once again becomes benign.

BTW - I believe the location of the option in TweakUI is under the "Mouse" entry (just click on the word "Mouse")

Hmm did the "uninstall" thin (currently there are no tweaks..etc. on my system), and I did the double reset, still it reverted. Even when editing the registry again....and doing a double reset. STILL the "rervertion" happens.

At a loss here, will prolly re-format and re-install just to fix this.

:rolleyes:

In powertoys, go to Mouse, and change the menu speed from there

I have the same problem but only on my XP Pro machine (two machines, in fact). XP Home is fine. Anyone have any ideas on this one, it's driving me crazy...?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back