Registry clean up

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by longhorn1687, Aug 21, 2002.

1. longhorn1687

longhorn1687 Guest

Anyone know of a good Registry cleaner? Something thats free, not just Clean Sweep.

Thanks

2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

My recommandation is RegClean

3. longhorn1687

longhorn1687 Guest

But doesn't RegClean only fix errors in your registry, it doesn't remove stuff from old software right?

4. robsta4

robsta4 Guest

There are quite a few good ones out there, but in my opinion at the top of the pile is NBG CleanRegistry by Nobody Group. Finds a lot more redundant entries than most cleaners, also has never taken away any important entries by mistake. I always use this, top quality stuff.

I think you will struggle to find a half decent free cleaner, I may stand corrected but my experiences with freebies in the past have led to format c:\ !!!!! You have to pay for quality in my opinion.

5. john30uk

john30uk Guest

look under my username in the search and oyu will find a question from me asking about a link to microsoft reclean that i lost and they no longer support.
    Its the best i have used ever and give u the change to back up incease u remove something u shouldnt have

6. goto www.jv16.org and get the reg cleaner prog there its one of the best i've used.

7. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

JV 16 is the best!

8. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

9. frothymilkshake

frothymilkshake OSNN Addict

10. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Becareful with easy cleaner. It deletes files necessary for 'help' & 'office xp'. Easy to fix but still annoying.

11. john30uk

john30uk Guest

F.A.O LONGHORN

Get in contact with me and i will send the microsoft reg-clean for xp as i cant remember link i will send file its only 500-600k

12. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

in easy cleaner, exclude help

13. tengcm

tengcm Guest

14. Octopus

Octopus Moderator