Regedit

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by donkey, Aug 9, 2002.

1. donkey

donkey Guest

I installed Worms Armageddon in xp. It doesn't work so I uninstalled it but now my pc is running slow. i.e..It doesn't even go into sleep mode.

I know Worms was the problem because that is the only thing I have done to my computer. I searched for Worms in the registry and worms and team 17 files came up.

Now, if I delete these to totally get rid of all worm files, will this do any harm or is there any way I can get all these files off because my pc was running fine before hand.

I could try the system restore but I'd prefer to just be able to do this.

Thanks

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Do a system restore. Get rid of all of it. (as long as you don't have to go back too far)

3. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

it didnt come with an uninstall program?

4. macromp

macromp the retarded one

you need a patch from the worms website to get it to work on xp, i had the same problem

5. donkey

donkey Guest

I used the uninstall program but that doesn't delete all the registry entries. It says it does but doesn't.

I might just do the system restore. I have a checkpoint from yesterday but does that take away any files I downloaded yesterday after the checkpoint?

6. Smokie

Smokie A Proud Australian

You restore up to the point of the last checkpoint. Anything after that wont be there.

7. donkey

donkey Guest

Is there anyway to check what I did up until then. What I mean is there a log or something that tells me what I downloaded or what program I ran on that day?

8. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

Yes there is, go to control panel->admin tools->event viewer.

9. dijital

dijital Guest

i'd go with the system restore. thats your best bet to get everything working the way it was prior to installing worms.