Refresh rate fix with det 40 (which one)

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Empire402, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Empire402

Empire402 Guest

I am currently using NVRefresh tool 2.0 with the 30.82 drivers but was wondering if it is going to work with the det 41.09 drivers, if not can anyone recomend a fix that will.

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

3. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

With 4109

I dont need one .... it is built into the drivers and mine works fine

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

the refresh rate problem should be fixed in the 41.xx nvrefresh tool is good, but there is anew version 2.1 that one will work with the new version drivers

5. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Where can I the 2.1 version?

6. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

hmm i made a mistake. Im using nverfreshtool 2.0 too, there is no 2.1 version, but i found another fix that works with the latest drivers

7. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

If you've installed SP1 and are using D3D, you can now set your refresh rate. Under DiagDX, More Help, Override. For openGL, though you will need a utility. ReFresh Force is the best of the lot.

8. Shamus MacNoob

override in directx is not for opengl sorry that dont work on opengl its for d3d ......only thing If found that works for opengl on nvidia based cards is this nVidia Refresh Rate Fix MKII v2.10 E (Programmed with Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition)

here http://www.sheep-design.de/com/index2.htm

click on tools on the left side of page

9. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

I use Hz Refresh Lock works with all drivers in openGL and Direct 3D...and i should know the amount of drivers i try out...never had a problem with it.

In fact i think its that good i would not even consider using another rival :cool:

10. mbunny

mbunny Guest

You might wanna try Refresh Force bony

its an upgrade of Refresh Lock

I used to use Refresh Lock. Refresh Force is just an update with a few extra features.

11. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Thanks for the info...but you know what they say "if it aint broke dont fix it" so i am going to give it a try (i have no willpower ;) ).

The main page for anyone wanting it is here Refresh Force + Refresh Lock

12. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Force is better than Lock because you don't need to leave Force running. Lock you had to leave in the system tray for it to work. =)

13. Shamus MacNoob

I still dont see where either of those fixes OPENGL?????

I stand corrected Boney Tony's app does fix OPENGL thanks Boney ..... sorry mbunny but I just cant seem to find how to get reforce to fix opengl .... dont get mad lol just that I have read in a lot of posts that OPENGL was not fixed on NVIDIA cards I have powerstrip and I never bothered to preset an application with the preset refresh, color, performance options it might have worked I guess if I am bored I will try it ......but at least now I know of 2 apps that work for NVIDIA based cards and one for the Radeon ATI ( radeon tweaker in the more tweaks section has the option to fix opengl games and it works) ...

peace ;)

14. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Okay... from my personal experience

It works with OpenGL and DirectX.

I play HL in OpenGL and i have 85hz Refresh at 1600x1200.

I'd say that fixed it....

15. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

Power Strip will also set the refresh rate in OpenGL.