refresh rate fix for detonators 40.72

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by djpapakas, Dec 3, 2002.

1. djpapakas

djpapakas Guest

Does anyone know which program fixes the refresh rates for detonators 40.72 and where can I find it?

Or any other solution for refresh rate fixe problem...

thanks a lot

2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

3. mbunny

mbunny Guest

IMO, refresh fixes that rely on the video card are destined to become obsolete. It's like NVRefreshTool... that worked for a while until they started to change their drivers layout.

Use RefreshForce. www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

It changes windows settings so that it forces it to use only those refresh rates at those resolutions.

4. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

For Direct X you can also try this. See attachment.

5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

6. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Are you sure reforce didn't fix yours?

I am using it right now with No problems at all with OpenGL or DirectX.

All reforce does is deny the use of any other refresh rates than the ones u set.

7. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

reforce never worked for open gl for me , and Boney Tony on here says same thing for him and a pal of his , I got refresh lock now after reading his post and will see how that goes but the one I posted works fine for me ...... as long as I get my OPENGL games in the 100mhz I am a happy camper like I said reforce worked only for d3d for me ......

8. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

You should consider giving this program a try. I used it with my Voodoo 5 5500 card and its awesome..Lets me play allot of games I couldn't even see before because it was too dark during gameplay. Also Powerstrip 3.3 can automaticly adjust your settings for each game and remember them, and it has a hotkey on the keyboard you can use during gameplay that will help with your refresh rates

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm