Red Faction

V

Vegeta

Could somebody pleeze help me. I bought Red Faction without the prior knowledge that it seriously hates windoze XP. When I try to start it I get an error message that says

"Error: Unable to initialize DirectX 8.0 - Device creation failed!
File: C:\projects\RF_PC\vsdk\gr\directx\gr_direct3d.cpp - Line 1872"

I copied and pasted that straight out of the readme file and for some reason they think that getting this is OK.

I would be grateful if someone could give me a hand

900mhz intel celeron processor
256mb RAM
Geforce2 MX200 64meg
Detonator 2 drivers from nvidia

Could people not send me messages about how it works perfectly fine for them and then provide no help whatsoever. Its really annoying.

Thanx

amazing, Ive had zero problem with this game and XP.. did you do the auto patching? That may help.

Weird thing happened. 10 minutes after my last post I actually got it to work. Something was wrong with my directdraw or something.
However, now I've got another problem. It runs as slow as a bitch. I know it's not my computer cause it runs return to castle wolfenstein like a dream. Its like walkin in low gravity but i can turn around with the mouse like normal.

Help

play with the settings man. turn off shadows and turn everything down to medium. also, disable vsync.

oDin.

Tried that. I put everything down to the lowest level and it runs just as bad. I am able to run return to castle wolfenstein on the highest quality level without it even stalling.

"Could people not send me messages about how it works perfectly fine for them and then provide no help whatsoever. Its really annoying"

Works perfectly for me!

It's not Windows XP or the game as it works perfectly for so many people.

It's something with your hardware, drivers, or XP settings.

Try asking for help other places like:

http://www.forumplanet.com/3dactionplanet/forum.asp?fid=1406

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back