Red eye removal app?....

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by zino, Dec 30, 2004.

1. zino

zino OSNN Junior Addict

Hello everyone,

Quick question, I am looking for a easy to use program that might help me remove RED EYE effect from pictures (it seems i have a bad camera flash).....

Anyone has any recomendations?

Thanks in advance..

2. RickyC

RickyC OSNN Addict

Paint Shop Pro has a red eye removal tool in it from version 6 (I think) onwards. It lets you replace them with alien eyes and everything! :)

3. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Paintshop Pro, Photoshop and possibly Gimp. Gimp is free but I haven't used it so I'm not sure it has red eye reduction

4. zino

zino OSNN Junior Addict

fellas.....thank you soo much..

I assumed that photoshop would have the tool to remove it, but i am soooooo ignorant when it comes down to picture editing that i would of never figured out how to use it.

in any case, i suck at life, and google is your friend....

http://www.vicman.net/redeye/ (For those like me who cant for the life of them use photoshop..:p)

5. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

I use Adobe Elements, Nice easy app for picture editing.

6. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

You don't need to find a program, you need to find a tutorial for Photoshop or Paintshop Pro. Those programs can do it the best, you just need to know how.

7. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

If you want a freeware app, take a look at Picasa (now owned by Google). In addition to being a picture management app, it includes some simple enhancement tools for photographs, including red-eye removal.
    http://www.picasa.com :)