Recycle Bin Invisable Files

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by daleholden, Dec 29, 2002.

1. daleholden

daleholden Guest

Hi All

Major problem i installed Windows Washer 4.7 a few days ago and the product is very good. I have noticed it causes a fault in the Recycle Bin that when you delete a file it goes to the bin.

When you check the bin there appears to be no files but if you click empty bin it ask do you want to delete 5 files (in my case).

If i click restore files it does not? So are the files there or not. I did read another forum topic with a similiar problem. That user just changes a setting not to empty the BIn in Windoes Washer.

I have done this but it has not corrected the problem. ANy ideas anybody please do not say reinstall XP PLEASE.

Happy New Year
  2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Uninstall Windows Washer.
  3. Jmtyra

Jmtyra Guest

4. allan

allan Guest

Agree completely
  5. daleholden

daleholden Guest

Window Washer

I have removed it but still same problem?????????
  6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Put something in the recycle bin. Then rightclick - empty recycle bin, confirm. Afterwards everything should be visible again and back to normal. At least that were the results ot my experiments within my test installation of XP in VMware. If it is different on your computer I'd suggest system restore.
  7. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

As yoyo said uninstall is the only way.
    If you unhide "protected files" in file options you will see there are recycle bins for each drive, that you normally dont need to know about, unless you have this type of corruption.