Recycle Bin always empty, Why?

Engineer

OSNN Addict
No matter how many items I delete or drag to the Recycle Bin, it is always empty or at least it does not show any items in it. When I place items in it the RB gives me the option of "empty Recycle Bin?" because there are items there they are just not being displayed. What gives.

I have XP of course.
thanks in advance
Engineer

do you have windows waher or something like that installed? its a known problem. you can find it on the forums doa search for it

Right click recycle bin then go to properties and see if "do not move files to recycle bin" is checked. If it is checked, uncheck and apply.

nope

I do not have windows washer (I have Internet CleanUp by Ontrack but I've had it over a year and no problems ever came up like this) and the "do not move files to recycle bin" is unchecked.

I searched the forum but found nothing specifc.

thanks

It's related to the suggestion that SnookBooger made but what size allocation do you have for the recycle bin?

If it's set at zero that might be a problem..

Mubbers

Have you, by any chance, modified the recycle bin icon? If you did, you might have set the full and empty icon to the same pic (or maybe a theme did this).

You can check this by right-click the desktop -> properties -> Desktop tab -> Customize Desktop. Scroll over to the recycle bin icon and see if they are the same (they should be different). Just highlight the icon and click the "Restore default" button (or find a new icon to use). Don't forget to apply the changes.

thanks script

Yor suggestion on restoring the desk top icon default for the Recycle bin fixed my problem.

I am still not sure what caused it, though the only change I have made to my PC lately (before I noticed the problem) was the download of the Windows XP 3D screensaver, that might have done it?

Thanks again, for fixing it.
Engineer

I once had a theme that caused this problem for me. Fortunately, the recycle bin icon was the first thing I checked at the time, so it wasn't a big deal for me...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back