Recording a VCR tape to computer

S

silky62678

How can i go about recording to my computer from the VCR?(Once my computer is up and running)

You wanna get either a video card with built in TV card, or a seperate TV card. This will enable you to record from Videorecorder/TV and play-back to the TV/Video recorder.
There are lots out there, just do a google search for 'TV Card'

TOK
ole.gif

I got myself one of these last week. Haven't had time to get all the cables sorted but I think I am going to enjoy using it.

I got mine for A$92. (US$60)

silky, i see you have a gf4 mx440 (not fx). does the term VIVO sound familiar? if your video card has it (video-in, video-out), then you have all the hardware to capture video. you'd just need a male-male rca cable for video, a y-splitter for audio, and a capture program.

if it's not vivo, then you'll need to invest in a seperate capture card.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
I got myself one of these last week. Haven't had time to get all the cables sorted but I think I am going to enjoy using it.

I got mine for A$92. (US$60)
No, this card doesnt have Vivo:-( , I was going to buy one of these card but forgot the name. I heard they are good cards. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back