Recomnd Graphic card for Samsung Monitor

edsearby

OSNN Newbie
As an engineer trying to save eyes I just got a 20" 204B, 1600x1200 monitor and have it running analog. At that it is a great improvement, but my reading says I will do better with dvi. How much of a card is worthwhile? Reading scrolling screens and max resolution are the requirements. I'm not much of a gamer.

I got my wife a cheap 5200 and the text quality seems to been less readable than the cheap ATI cards I have. BUT. Those are older ATI cards and a newer nvidia so the comparison may not be fair.

If you're interested in reducing eye strain I'd strongly suggest looking at both an Nvidia and an ATI based card output at the same resolution you will be using.

Driver versions will also affect readability so try some older versions too. The new drivers are designed to tweak game performance, not office type applications.

And don't go too cheap. Scrolling screens can get very jerky at 1600x1200 which really causes me eye train. The $50 cards are probably not good enough for your application. Expect to spend $80-130 mail order, or twice that locally if you can't find a good sale.

Test drive both brands, which really complicates mail order.

PS Good choice on monitor for minimal eye strain. I went through 4 brands before I ended up with a Samsung. It had the least glare and best linearity.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I do like the Samsung. Much easier on the eyes than a crt. People seem to like the current line of Syncmasters

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back