Recommended Monitors

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by WildOptic, Dec 15, 2003.

1. WildOptic

WildOptic OSNN Member

Ok, time for a new one. I'm looking for 19"(18" viewable) to place on my GFFX5700 ultra. Something very sharp and crisp what can handle 1280x1024@85mhz. $400 max price. Any ideas on brand, model, and place of purchase is what im looking for. Thanks in Advance, WildOptic

2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

3. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

At your specified price you can only take an CRT . We can recommend a lot of brands but I know you're interested in a specific model .
    The only one ( 19'' ) that "took my imagination far away " is the LG F900P

details here

[​IMG]

4. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

that LG monitor rocks! I've personally used it!

5. WildOptic

WildOptic OSNN Member

I havent decide yet..money issue came up so I must wait two weeks...but thank you all very much for the input.

6. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

[​IMG]
    AOC Monitors
    I have the beige version - great quality and value for money.

7. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

First off all the 19 inch CRT monitors are under $300 now so you're in good shape on budget.

Recommendations:
    I just got a 20 inch NEC Multisync Superbright on my desk at work and am very pleased with it. Flat screen no glare. The 19 version goes for under $300. AND it runs much cooler that the older 19 inch monitors we have around the office. See Essential computer, NewEgg.

For 17 inch the samsung syncmaster 753DF can't be beat for price and visual quality. ~$130

8. Syrus

Syrus OSNN Addict

I have a IIyama 19" monitor and its a very good monitor

9. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

I second that...they are the nuts! I have a VisionMaster Pro 454 19" and its superb.

10. Mav882000

Mav882000 Guest

i have two iiyama, one 19" and another 17" on my folks pc. i havent had a problem, touch wood, and i run mine at 1600*1200 @ 75hertz, but u can do 1280x1024@85hertz. i live in the uk and got mine from a Manchester shop. www.aria.co.uk 19" Iiyama VisionMaster 1451 = £116.33. well cheap

11. simee

simee Guest

I'm looking at getting a 19" myself, was thinking about a philips one tho. Are they any good???

12. nivlo

nivlo Guest

19" Iiyama pro 450 ....had it ages and still a good en

13. Syrus

Syrus OSNN Addict

one thing you have to know about monitors and all other electrical stuff tbh if you buy cheap like 80 - 110 then you will have problems and you will probably regret buying it and which you have spent and extra 50-90quid.
    some monitors that ive had or known to have had problems with
    avoid 19"+ relisys monitors, my parents have one and it feels like its make outa cheese.
    avoid 19"+ Hansol monitors they are expensive for what they are and my mate has one and everytime he turns on his monitor he has to adjust it.
    avoid monitor makes like AOC(makes that arn't mainstream)

Thanks
    Dan

14. coathanger007

WHat do you mean by not mainstream? I've been using AOC for ages and have been impressed by the quality and never had any problems with it.

15. WildOptic

WildOptic OSNN Member

Wow! this post is still going and on topic. I'm impressed...lol. Well, when the time comes for me to actually get the monitor I will let you guys know which one I get.

16. Syrus

Syrus OSNN Addict

what i mean is, most ppl i know have IIyama, hansol etc but none of them have AOC not even schools over here have AOC and they arn't a name that comes to mind when someone wants to buy a monitor.

17. coathanger007

Oh I see. Guess different countries will be different.

18. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Yes and here we have over 200 TTX moniters in my school :)