Recent forum posts.

got a little question: how do i put it on my desktop? just like a normal website or is it different cause its php

Thats where you gotta wait for madmatt :D
That stuff is beyond my comp atm ;)
I got a nice piccie on mine... waiting fo rthe tutorial!

yeah hope madmatt is finished soon :(

Got another question EP, why cant i only have one private message in my inbox? Its really annoying if i forget to delete a pm i get a mail saying that my inbox is full and then i delete the pm and even then i still get mail saying my inbox is full :(
I hope you get my problem

Check your outbox and make sure that you se the date back to the beginning...

I was tempted to purge everyones PM boxes, but some people may store important info in there....!

madmatt will be coming up with the XP-erience.org active desktop theme shortly :D

/me puts the pressure up on madmatt :D

MdSalih

I will get to work on it after dinner tonight.

Md was kind enough to pass his code on for the news headlines, so making it work for the forum as well shouldn't be that difficult.

I plan on making the web program very easy to setup for your liking, may use style sheets that you adjust to change the table colors, font colors, and background colors.

Should be easy. I will pass it off to my beta testers in a day or two and have it online by next weekend, hopefully.

I'm pretty sure you have all the beta testers you need, but if you need more , let me know.

Good luck matt ;)

only one stinkin' problem bugging me. blah. I give up for the night.

Well, i'm sure you know any given programing language better than me ( except pascal, i rule pascal ( no i don't know what thats good for) ) , but care to share, maybe someone can help you (thats what this site is all about , Isn't it???)

In PHP, include() doesn't work across servers, therefore my idea for allowing the user to store a custom set of variables on their HDD and running the PHP from my website won't work.

So basically, unless I figure it out (which I am sure I could with a clear head), any user who wants to use this script will have to put it on their web server and hope they have PHP compiled.

Either that, or everyone's desktop will have my colors =)

One bonus, if I decide to go this route, .CSS (style sheets) can be stored locally and used across web servers, however, I cannot add variables to a style sheet, only styles.

Follow me?

Hmmm, well kinda.

First thought : Why do you have to make everything so user friendly, let us sweat for results, basically you can give a code example page from which we can rip off and use in our own design, but i guess not everyone will agree with me on this one so up to the next one:

Second thought (its starting to hurt) : as i guess you wont be to happy with storing an endless amount of variables on your website ( and why should you) , maybe you can create some amount of themes, it will still be strict, but better than only one set of colors/css. But since it involves additional work, on to the next one...'

Third thought ( The pain!!! ) : make IIS a requirement to run the thing, you can include a file that specifies how to install it and shiz. this will give some obvious advantages.

Or you can always make it work the way it is intended (but here i cant give much help, because you didnt specify to much and i suck at php).

Good luck ;)

First thought, the lead runner right now.

Second thought, I never considered running everyone's for them. That would cost me too much in the end. Sorry folks.
However, the second part is a good idea, but not good enough for me *yet*

Third thought, I don't even run IIS because I have my own web server. heh.

No matter what the final decision, those who can use it, will use it. and you (Benny) is one of those who will be able to.

Thanks.

Well NP ,

Just to make sure you got me on the IIS thingie. i'm not saying that IIS is better than a server. but if they do install IIS there will be no need for a server. the users computer will become an emulation of a server, which will give you the ability to store the PHP and the Variables on the HDD.

Give it another thought ;)

well, no matter what I decide, you can still run it on your IIS server, as long as you compile PHP.

I may just design a generic look, to match the website and go with it. Then have another version which is bare bones and allow those who have the ability to customize it.

I think that sounds like a good idea.

Yes that does.
Don't forget to include the recent forum posts ;)

Cheers :)

Forum posts? That's done already.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back