Really nice AC97 drivers new!!!!!

Re: install problem

Abbadon2001 said:
Even then the master volume control doesnt work on my pc now - only wave volume control - this means the volume control on my keyboard no longer does anything

I have this exact same problem with the latest drivers (3.75). Has anyone found a way to fix it? Since my volume controls are on my subwoofer which is in turn underneath my desk, I rely heavily on being able to control my volume using the controls on my keyboard. It's really stupid that the drivers completely ignore the master volume setting, and I'd really appreciate it if anyone's found a work-around.

Wow, U guys have too many problems/or noobs for these type of questions. :)

Srry... Ill leave....

garikfox said:
Wow, U guys have too many problems/or noobs for these type of questions. :)

Srry... Ill leave....

I'm hardly a "noob". I built both my computers from scratch, thank you very much. Unfortunately it looks like whoever designed the sound chip on my mobo are a bunch of idiots, as it has recently started causing BSODs and random crashes for no apparent reason. I finally found out that the drivers were to blame, only to then be stuck with "fixed" drivers that fail to allow the standard Windows volume control to operate properly. I have never before seen a sound card and/or driver that refused to cooperate with the volume control panel, and I'm convinced it takes a special kind of moron to create such broken drivers. :p

If nobody's found a way to get this driver to do what I want, I'm afraid I might just have to buy myself a decent sound card and disable the onboard audio. I'd rather find a solution that doesn't cost me more money than I've already spent though...

Would my mobo support this driver? It currently has a Realtek AC97 version: A3.73 , what motherboard i have is listed below

BTW: is it better to install video drivers from Nvidia or BFG which is the company my card is from?

edit: Nevermind, the drivers link on the BFG website just goes to nvidia's anyways.

Last edited:
yeah.... there's nothing different between factory drivers, and the drivers on NVidia's site...... cept for maybe factory drivers being branded.... but they're never up-to-date really. think that's why most just link to NVidia.

Some features that are in certain brands will not work with native drivers , a prime example is ASUS and Gameface.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back