really cool auto technology

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Perris Calderon, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

have a read

this is starter technology that eliminates the motor, there's a sensor that recognizes which calendar is top dead center, it first ignites a calendar back wards to create pressure in the calendar that it wants to fire forward, it injects fuel and fires that calendar to start the car

another method is trying to fire all calendars and exhausting the calendars that don't fire

pretty cool stuff and I'm surprised this wasn't invented before

I think you'd still need a conventional starter for cold starts where you need a few cranks and for some situations where no cylinder is in the right position

anyway, thought it's a nice read to share

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

First ignite it backwards, and then forwards, putting a whole lot of strain on the entire engine, and all it's parts as now suddenly from moving one direction it is forced at high speed to go another direction.

Will see how this pans out in the long run.

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

the cylender only needs to backup a smidge to create compression, it's a very small charge backwards, I don't think it puts any strain on an engine that's designed for it and I actually think it might not even put a strain on an engine that isn't designed for it, but I don't know, I do know my old 2 cylcle airplane motor could be run in both directions without a problem but of course with more sophistication there is more to consider

in any event, only direct injection engines are capable of this kind of specific control

4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

my car doesn't have a calender .... :(

Perris Calderon likes this.