real media

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by rettahc, Nov 19, 2002.

1. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Does anyone know of a prog that will let me convert a .rm file to an mpeg or avi file?

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I think you're stuck with it as an RM
    But even if you did convert it all you would end up with is a larger file and no improvement in quality. So you wouldn't actually gain anything from doing so.

3. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Yeah but I'd be able to cut out what I want.

4. SPeedY_B

You can get "Real Producer" or "Real Networks Helix Producer Plus 9" as its now know, which will let you encode Real Media files from virtually any other format, but also comes with a handy editor for cutting up the files, its the only RM editor i know of.
    http://www.realnetworks.com/products/producer/index.html for more info

5. rettahc

rettahc Guest

The thing is, that I need to get it into a format that is compatable with something like Ulead gif annimator. I wanna use it for a new avatar.

6. SPeedY_B

Ahar, i see.
    I think you're out of luck unless anyone knows a conversion tool of some sort, but i can't say i've ever come across one

7. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Tinra promises to convert real media to avi. Seems to be a not to easy to use application and realplayer 8 (I think) or below must be installed, doesn't work with RealOne player.

8. rettahc

rettahc Guest

I'll give it a shot thanks yoyo

9. SPeedY_B

Nice find there yoyo, good to see that there is someone out there who's interested in getting real media into a more flexable format