Re: scroll bar goes up and down or right and left uncontrollable

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by rudysup, Apr 3, 2005.

1. rudysup

rudysup OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi, I just bought Dell's notebook 510M and installed win2k, ms office, ms visual studio and MS SQLserver 2k.Then, when I ran applications such as MS word or Excel or VB, the scroll bar went up and down or right and left uncontrollable sometimes, but other times are OK. I was wondering what caused it. I'd appreciate if someone could help me. Thanks.

2. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Maybe a pointer (mouse driver problemo).

3. rudysup

rudysup OSNN One Post Wonder

I have the original mouse that comes with the laptop and I add a MS wireless optical mouse. I'll try to uninstall the wireless one. Thanks.

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Yes remove any pointer (mouse) drivers, reboot and then reinstall the optical ones, but first make sure you have the latest drivers for the specific pointer (mouse) you wish to use.

5. Ohzopants

Ohzopants My mom thinks I'm cool

This may sound stupid but I have this problem on my laptop sometimes when I'm typing and it happens because my palm strays over the touchpad and moves my cursor. Try disabling your touchpad (if you have one).

6. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

7. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

I would guess you are clicking the scroll wheel (and maybe not realizing it)

If you click the scroll wheel (in the center of your mouse) the page will auto scroll up and down or sideways on it's own.

If this happens again just click the scroll wheel and see if it corrects the problem.

I've done this myself and thought WTF stop stop!!! I can't read that fast :laugh: