RE:outlook express

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Johncki, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Johncki

Johncki Guest

I have been getting E-mail from My Big Bro, and when i open it. it says outlook express has removed the atachment. possible virus.
    My question is this. how can I turn the security down on outlook so i can see what this would be, and my norton would possibly pick it up anyway. Now this only happens every so often. I would think that if my Bro had a virus on his pc, it would remove all the others that he sends me. I am always up to date on the anti-virus..Thus, this bothers me. any idea's..Thanks

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

try this:

In OE
    Click tools/options
    Click on the security tab
    Uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could
    potentially be a virus"
    Click apply
    Click OK

3. skewedview

skewedview Guest

Have you confirmed that your brother is intentionally sending you something and that it is not a virus on his machine replicating and spreading via email?

skewedview

4. Johncki

Johncki Guest

RE: outlook express

Yes on that issue. He has almost every virus in the book. I talk to him and he's gonna reformat and get the anti-virus that he should have. He needs to update. but he's bullheaded you know. My anti-virus caught it. thanks for the info. and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and all.

5. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

I would never recommend disabling the security settings in OE. If your brother or anyone for that matter wants to send you a file I would recommend them zipping it up. That way OE wont block it and you still will have your security, not that OE's security is something to brag about. :happy: