RE:outlook express

J

Johncki

I have been getting E-mail from My Big Bro, and when i open it. it says outlook express has removed the atachment. possible virus.
My question is this. how can I turn the security down on outlook so i can see what this would be, and my norton would possibly pick it up anyway. Now this only happens every so often. I would think that if my Bro had a virus on his pc, it would remove all the others that he sends me. I am always up to date on the anti-virus..Thus, this bothers me. any idea's..Thanks

try this:

In OE
Click tools/options
Click on the security tab
Uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could
potentially be a virus"
Click apply
Click OK

Have you confirmed that your brother is intentionally sending you something and that it is not a virus on his machine replicating and spreading via email?

skewedview

RE: outlook express

Yes on that issue. He has almost every virus in the book. I talk to him and he's gonna reformat and get the anti-virus that he should have. He needs to update. but he's bullheaded you know. My anti-virus caught it. thanks for the info. and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and all.

I would never recommend disabling the security settings in OE. If your brother or anyone for that matter wants to send you a file I would recommend them zipping it up. That way OE wont block it and you still will have your security, not that OE's security is something to brag about. :happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back