Randomally Losing internet

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
The problem with my friends lap top is that it randomly loses internet. I have brought the lap top to my house as well as his. Both places the laptop loses internet connection. Both homes have DSL and connect through a router. In his house it is connected USB my house it is connected Ethernet. So the internet just drops randomally. Yet other computers in the house will still have internet. I am going to try to reinstall IE. The computer is running XP home… any suggestions of what to do?
ALso in the ethernet situation i am not able to ping the router
but in the USB situation i am able to ping the router (when intenet is lost that is) When the internet comes back on I am able to ping both rotuters???
help me???
anyone???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back