RAM Ideas

Intel Corporation 82850 (850) Processor to I/O Controller (MCH)

P4W (Willamette) Pentium 4 1.3G+ 1.7V

These are what i have got of my chip... Does any of this help you? Where can i persificly look for how many pins i have on my chip? Unfortunatly i do not have the manual for my motherboard (dont ask me why). I got those things above from Sisandra.

Heres some other things too....

< Processor(s) >
Processor(s): Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1300MHz @ 1.30GHz
Performance Rating: PR1556 (estimated)
L2 On-board Cache: 256kB ECC synchronous ATC

< System Chipset >
Model: Intel Corporation 82850 (850) Processor to I/O
Controller (MCH)
Bus(es): X-Bus AGP PCI USB SMBus/i2c
Front Side Bus Speed: 4x 100MHz (400MHz data rate)
ACPI PM Support: Yes

Sincerly Alex

Well based on you got from SISandra and the clock speed it could be a socket 423 or 478, that is depending on the age of the system. If you know when you got the system it might help with figuring out which socket you have. The socket depending on if its a 423 or 478 is where you are going to run in to problems if its a socket 423 there ain't much upgrading going to happen as that socket has almost totally disappeared. I'll see if I can find a program or something to get a better guess as what socket you have. Ok I found a neat little program that will tell you more info then you ever wanted to know about your cpu or at least for vast number of ppl.

if you've got a 478-pin P4, i'd suggest the VIA P4PB400 motherboard (http://www.viavpsd.com/product/P4PB400_spec.jsp?motherboardId=41). i've got a 478-pin P4 1.6GHz and 1.5GB of DDR PC2700 RAM to boot (3 memory slots). here's the quick specs of the board:

533/400MHz FSB
AGP 8x
3 DDR333 DIMM sockets (up to 3GB)
5 PCI
1 CNR
2 ATA 133/100 controllers
VIA VT1616 6 Channel AC'97 CODEC on-board audio (works great w/ my Logitech Z-560s)
2 USB 2.0/1.1 Connectors for 4 Additional Ports (i've got 6 USB ports goin on)
2 Firewire ports

yadda yadda...check out the link for more detailed info. and the board is only $130-ish

Alex,

This web page lists alot of the Pentium 4 motherboards with links to the manufacturer's web sites:

http://www.flipchip.net/p4_motherboards.htm

If you do have a 423 pin processor you might want to seriously consider replacing it too since it is an obsolete processor.

Well what would you know... lol I actually have a 423 pin... Ive attached my results from that program you recomended which i need to thank Chastity for (Thank you :) ) and maybe that might be able to help you further on helping me. So its a 423 Pin bad? Are there only rare motherboards which suport 423 pin processors? :(

I like the sound of your motherboard jawshoouh.. sounds cheap too for what it can handle :)

I will check up on that website later on when i have time. Thank you JW50.. most apreciated! :D

Thank you for everyones help so far, plz dont give up on me yet.. we've past the hard part :D :p :D

Sincerly Alex

Well a socket 423 Pentium 4 there is not a lot that can be done as far as I know in regards to changing the board to use a different kind of ram. Well the socket 423 was the first socket Intel used for the Pentium 4 and since they have moved to the newer socket 472 there aren't a lot of choices left to upgrade without forking over a fair amount of cash. You can add another stick or two of RDRam to your current board. If you feel that is too expensive you can get a new board and cpu and DDR ram. I'll do some looking and see what I can find as far as a socket 423 board goes that might be what you are looking for.

Well I look through the list that jw50 provided and there are a few boards that are socket 423 but they only seem to use one of two kinds of ram RDRam or SDRam. They seem to match as far as everything else goes. I've got a site for you to check and a board for you to look at. That one you liked from Intel is a very nice board only thing is its socket 478.

check this board

check this site

Thank you for all your help guys.. couldnt of dun it without u all :)
Ill keep you all informed

Sincerly Alex :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back