Raid Drivers on setup

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NathanA, Mar 18, 2005.

1. NathanA

NathanA OSNN Addict

So I'm trying to do a fresh install of WinXP on m new rig...and I have to have RAID drivers for it...it tells me to press f6 to install them...but when i press f6, nothing happens...it just keeps on going...what could be wrong??? and yes, my keyboard is working...lol ;)

2. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

Same thing happened when I built my new rig with an SATA HD. How many drives are you installing? I wasn't installing a RAID array, but it still prompted me for the floppy later on, even though F6 didn't work. Is there any additional info you can provide?

3. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Put drivers on floppy and push F6 then setup continues to load files. After loading files it will then check for the floppy driver disk.
    Setup does not stop as soon as you press F6 as some think it should but rather after it completes loading files from CD.

4. wadada

wadada Moderator

yup just installed win xp on seagate sata harddisk a week ago, make sure you have your satadrivers on a ploppydisk press f6 and you will be ok.

5. NathanA

NathanA OSNN Addict

Oh okay...didnt know that...first time to do RAID this way...also found out newegg.com sent me a bad floppy drive....