Mubbers

Shoot!
Political Access
Heres the printout of the HDtach3 quicktest I just ran:

Attachments

• hdtach.jpg
    hdtach.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 186
pretty decent... like the stable throughput... no discernible drop off as time proceeds :)

nice... :cool:

whats the standard maxtor netting you?

My MOBO only has two SATA slots so the Maxtor is temporarily offline, I'm expecting an Adaptec AAR-1210SA 2 Port PCI SERIAL ATA RAID CONTROLLER card ASAP to add another 2 ports to my machine.

I'll post those results when I'm setup :D

Congrats, Mubbers....

On your RAID 0 Raptors. Looks like you got them singing along pretty nicely.

One question for Sazar, others.

This HDTach tester, does it matter if the HD's are full or empty?, fresh XP install? different RAID chipset? The reason I am asking is that I am getting totally different results from my HD's than others in the site. This is the first time that I use this benchmark tester.

Heeter

Felt like I would join in :)

Attachments

• PunkHDTach.jpg
    PunkHDTach.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 137
FYI - my test was on a fresh install of windows XPP with virtually nothing on the drives except OS! Will try again after I've loaded some games etc...

Heeter said:
Congrats, Mubbers....

On your RAID 0 Raptors. Looks like you got them singing along pretty nicely.

One question for Sazar, others.

This HDTach tester, does it matter if the HD's are full or empty?, fresh XP install? different RAID chipset? The reason I am asking is that I am getting totally different results from my HD's than others in the site. This is the first time that I use this benchmark tester.

Heeter

what kind of results are you getting?

post the results so we can see :)

full or empty should not matter... for my setup... testing primary to secondary yields better results on my secondary mainly because I have nothing else running from it during the test...

general results should look somewhat like EP's in terms of shape... a gradual decline basically...

This is for my machine listed below in sig.

Heeter

Attachments

• Test.JPG
    Test.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 135
I think its the type of raid configuration you have...

mubbers has a straight striped configuration... your's does not show to be the same therefore it is not goin to be as fast as EP and mubbers...

Well,

I did set it up as striped, even played with different striped kB sizes. I will check my setup again. I must of missed something. Oh well, it does perform very well for me anyways. Thanks Sazar.

Heeter

I haven't defragged in a month or so.

Maxtor 120's SATA

Even better.

1 defragg pass later.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back