Radiohead

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
I mean, what else can really be said about them.

The best of modern times.

They rival only: The Beatles and Pink Floyd

Radiohead fans know what I'm talking about.

Check them out if you've never really heard them.

oh yea, probably the best band around these days.
don't know if they can really be considered rival to the Beatles and Pink Floyd, but they are great.

Im afraid to say they've had their day...abotut 4 years ago was their peak. Pablo Honey, OK Computer, The Bends etc are masterpieces....cherish them as their new stuff aint so good.

They are good but to say they rival "The Beatles" or "Pink Floyd" is just to rediculous .. They don't even come close to them .

I have to say i never really thought much of them until i saw them live a few years back.........

And man they were gooood..........so i went out and bought all their albums........

Admittedly their newer stuff is different, but they are one of the few bands that have never been directed by public opinion, and have not let their success go to their heads.........

I look forward to further Radiohead music in the future

Radiohead? Hmm... don't think I know of them. They must be great though, judging from what's been posted here. ;)

Originally posted by muzikool
Radiohead? Hmm... don't think I know of them. They must be great though, judging from what's been posted here. ;)

They had a hit called "creep" a while back .. it's a good song

it all depends on the generation of people u talk to I think I'm prolly a lil young for any of the bands mentioned in here. Don't get me wrong I know who they are and have head there music I'm just generally not impressed with it. Maybe its not my style its not from my time period whatever it may be. and I thought radiohead was punk...... punk is dead has been for many years. sue me if im wrong, I checked on cdnow to try and verify if they were punk but since punk is dead they don't even have it listed as a genre anymore :p

I think hes kidding, judging from his "sig"

Originally posted by Krux
it all depends on the generation of people u talk to I think I'm prolly a lil young for any of the bands mentioned in here. Don't get me wrong I know who they are and have head there music I'm just generally not impressed with it. Maybe its not my style its not from my time period whatever it may be. and I thought radiohead was punk...... punk is dead has been for many years. sue me if im wrong, I checked on cdnow to try and verify if they were punk but since punk is dead they don't even have it listed as a genre anymore :p
A musical genre can be "dead" only to you... not that i agree that Radiohead is punk.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Radiohead is nowhere close to punk. If you don't know that, then you haven't listened to the band, and so it's not really fair to judge it until you do. Radiohead and Coldplay are two of the best, and most popular bands in Europe right now... and for good reason. Radiohead especially has practically created a new genre of music, and that's something that is not easy to do. As far as generational gaps and music are concerned, Radiohead began in the early 90's, and are still going strong... so I'm pretty sure they are a part of your generation. As far as punk is concerned, it's certainly not dead just because CDNow doesn't list it as a genre! Punk has evolved a lot in the past 5 years or so, and it is still doing very well! Sum 41, Blink 182, and Good Charlotte... all punk bands that are popular this very day. (Good Charlotte actually has a Billboard Top 25 song right now). So I don't know how you can qualify a statement saying that punk is dead. I'm not trying to rip on you, I just think that you need to be able to back up what you say with good evidence. That's always a good tip when posting on message boards. :)

Originally posted by Benny
I think hes kidding, judging from his "sig"

And you are correct... I wondered if I was too subtle with that statement! :D

Radiohead....great band as so is Coldplay. but let us not forget that "punk" music is more of an attitude than anything. IMO

great band, im hoping to see them live soon, there coming over here i think.

just started recollecting the albums, some good ****.

radio head is great. i enjoyed the interview when the interviewer said "why do you write all these sad songs?" and the reply was sort of angry and confused, something like "SAD?! THESE ARENT SAD SONGS!"

sort of foggy on the interview, and i dont remember who it was with,.. maybe MTV, but its a hazzy classic.:happy:

Originally posted by lechtard
They had a hit called "creep" a while back .. it's a good song

a "hit" ? try, many.. many.. many massive #1 hits

Originally posted by dubstar
a "hit" ? try, many.. many.. many massive #1 hits

I'm talking states, not over seas .. i know they had more .

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Radiohead is nowhere close to punk. If you don't know that, then you haven't listened to the band, and so it's not really fair to judge it until you do. Radiohead and Coldplay are two of the best, and most popular bands in Europe right now... and for good reason. Radiohead especially has practically created a new genre of music, and that's something that is not easy to do. As far as generational gaps and music are concerned, Radiohead began in the early 90's, and are still going strong... so I'm pretty sure they are a part of your generation. As far as punk is concerned, it's certainly not dead just because CDNow doesn't list it as a genre! Punk has evolved a lot in the past 5 years or so, and it is still doing very well! Sum 41, Blink 182, and Good Charlotte... all punk bands that are popular this very day. (Good Charlotte actually has a Billboard Top 25 song right now). So I don't know how you can qualify a statement saying that punk is dead. I'm not trying to rip on you, I just think that you need to be able to back up what you say with good evidence. That's always a good tip when posting on message boards. :)

I said I thought I didn't say this is how it is writtien is stone forever and a day. blink 182 and sum 41 are more alternative then punk, punk is fast and uncontroled IMO and yes I know what punk is Ive heard "true" punk AFI, MXPX, NOFX. blink 182 is ALOT slower and isn't the lead singer of sum 41 the lead singer of blink 182? <~~~ that would be a question mark as in I don't know. I'm also sure Ive heard radio head, I also know it isn't as popular over here (USA) and if they remade a genre like dave mathews band then u can keep it :p

I said I thought I didn't say this is how it is writtien is stone forever and a day. blink 182 and sum 41 are more alternative then punk, punk is fast and uncontroled IMO and yes I know what punk is Ive heard "true" punk AFI, MXPX, NOFX. blink 182 is ALOT slower and isn't the lead singer of sum 41 the lead singer of blink 182? <~~~ that would be a question mark as in I don't know. I'm also sure Ive heard radio head, I also know it isn't as popular over here (USA) and if they remade a genre like dave mathews band then u can keep it :p

I think that the lead singer for Blink has another band too, but it isn't Sum 41... they are all different guys. I don't really care for either of those bands, or for most punk at that. I went to an MXPX show 3 years ago, and it definitely is the faster "uncontrolled" punk that you are talking about. I think that there are different flavors of the genre though, and the mainstream punk bands are more toned down than those that you listed.

I'm not sure what you are saying in your last sentence, but there is no similarities between Radiohead and DMB. While the song "Creep" was a big early hit in the states as lechtard said, the band didn't really start taking off until 'Kid A' was released in 2000. I believe it was the first platinum release for the band in the US. With 'Kid A' and then 'Amnesiac' in 2001, Radiohead left behind the rock genre that they took part in during the 90s, and they pretty much created something completely new. It probably would be a stretch to say that Radiohead is as popular here as they are in the UK, but judging from their last couple of tours in the states and their recent record sales, they have become huge. I have noticed a growing following from U2 fans, probably somewhat due to the fact that Bono has made numerous references to them being one of his favorite bands. And it's no secret that U2 is huge in the US (and everywhere else). Keep on the lookout for a new Radiohead album in the next year or so.

I think that the lead singer for Blink has another band too, but it isn't Sum 41... they are all different guys. I don't really care for either of those bands, or for most punk at that. I went to an MXPX show 3 years ago, and it definitely is the faster "uncontrolled" punk that you are talking about. I think that there are different flavors of the genre though, and the mainstream punk bands are more toned down than those that you listed.

I'm not sure what you are saying in your last sentence, but there is no similarities between Radiohead and DMB. While the song "Creep" was a big early hit in the states as lechtard said, the band didn't really start taking off until 'Kid A' was released in 2000. I believe it was the first platinum release for the band in the US. With 'Kid A' and then 'Amnesiac' in 2001, Radiohead left behind the rock genre that they took part in during the 90s, and they pretty much created something completely new. It probably would be a stretch to say that Radiohead is as popular here as they are in the UK, but judging from their last couple of tours in the states and their recent record sales, they have become huge. I have noticed a growing following from U2 fans, probably somewhat due to the fact that Bono has made numerous references to them being one of his favorite bands. And it's no secret that U2 is huge in the US (and everywhere else). Keep on the lookout for a new Radiohead album in the next year or so.

I guess dave mathews band started in one genre then strayed into like this whole new thing that no one else was doing and I really don't like it its like randomness dude just plays with everything I dunno its wierd :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back