Radio comes through my speakers ???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Sm|th 6th, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Sm|th 6th

Sm|th 6th Guest

Ok not sure where to post this one. I have a sound blaster live card, and Altec Lansing quad speakers and sub. If I have the speakers on but no music or anything playing I can here some radio station. Any idea on how to get rid of this? also what is happening to cause it?
  2. Sm|th 6th

Sm|th 6th Guest

btw: I have the latest drivers... and it happens with every driver I have tried. I also tried turning off the line-in etc etc.. actually even if I mute all the options and the main volume I can still hear it. It is driving me crazy. basically I have to listen to music constantly just to get rid of the radio.

Help b4 I test the speakers ability to fly :/
  3. kingnothing

kingnothing Guest

The same thing used to happen in my college dorm. The college radio station's antenna was right next to my building. I went down to my local Radio Shack and asked the guy there for help. He gave me some little aligator clips that I hooked up to my speaker wiring, and that stopped the noise.

I forgot what those little things are and I got rid of the speakers later on, but I'm sure they'll be able to help you.
  4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

yeah, it's definitely a case of stray RF affecting the speaker wires which for computers aren't well shielded, it's a PITA when ya get probs like that
  5. Sm|th 6th

Sm|th 6th Guest

thx for the tips boys... I will stop by radio shack and see if they can help.