RADEON 9700 now the best

Perhaps this means GeForce 4 Titanium prices will sink to more reasonable levels. Especially the 4600, but I could be wrong. My Pentium 4 is tired of its GeForce 2 MX 400.

Maybe nVIDIA will release new Detnonator drivers for the GeForce4 like they did before with the GeForce2.

ATI RULEZ

This simple argument can be settled right now. How offten are we seeing nvidia driver updates? version forty they say hmmmm that what at least one update every week. ATI doesn't need updates, it works right away even the video out WOW. Goto Nvidias website and read some of the online support. Example:

Q: The fan on my graphics card is making a loud noise or no longer works. Where can I purchase a replacement fan?
A: If the fan on your NVIDIA-based graphics card is starting to make a loud grinding sound, chances are that the fan may need to be replaced soon...

Answer this. did they even answer the question. NO, WHY... NVIDIA SUCKS!!!!!

Don't belive the question is real? Look for yourself http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=support_faqs It's at the bottem of the page.

Re: ATI RULEZ

Originally posted by LordOverkill
This simple argument can be settled right now. How offten are we seeing nvidia driver updates? version forty they say hmmmm that what at least one update every week. ATI doesn't need updates, it works right away even the video out WOW. Goto Nvidias website and read some of the online support. Example:

Q: The fan on my graphics card is making a loud noise or no longer works. Where can I purchase a replacement fan?
A: If the fan on your NVIDIA-based graphics card is starting to make a loud grinding sound, chances are that the fan may need to be replaced soon...

Answer this. did they even answer the question. NO, WHY... NVIDIA SUCKS!!!!!

Don't belive the question is real? Look for yourself http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=support_faqs It's at the bottem of the page.

By the way if you would have read the whole answer you would have noticed that they did answer the question..... idiot

incase you dont belive me

The fan on my graphics card is making a loud noise or no longer works. Where can I purchase a replacement fan?

If the fan on your NVIDIA-based graphics card is starting to make a loud grinding sound, chances are that the fan may need to be replaced soon. If the fan on the graphics card no longer works, then the card should not be operated without proper cooling. NVIDIA's products are sold in a variety of configurations and packaging. Some graphics cards are sold as retail packages, which generally include a warranty from the video board manufacturer. If you purchased your graphics card as an add-in card and it came packaged in a colorful box with the company’s logo visible on the box, chances are you purchased a retail package. Some graphics cards are sold in white OEM boxes and generally carry a lesser warranty. In some cases, it may be difficult to locate the manufacturer of the graphics card. For OEM purchases, contact the manufacturer of your graphics card for a possible graphics card or fan replacement. If you cannot locate the manufacturer of your graphics card, contact the retailer where you purchased your graphics card from for assistance in locating the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Some NVIDIA-based graphics cards are included as part of a new computer. If your NVIDIA-based graphics card was shipped inside your new PC or Mac, contact your system manufacturer for a graphics card replacement.

If your graphics card’s warranty has expired, you should be able to locate a third-party replacement fan online from several different vendors.

try going to the manfac. they just send you back to nvidia. True you if you find a 3rd party that could work. And about the drivers leaked or not you have to agree they need way more updates than ati.

I didn't think One post could upset you two SOooo much

Radeon 9700/Geforce 5 Series/Radeon 10000

I'm just starting to save up some moneys so I can buy myself a new video card.

Reason??? My TNT2 Ultra card died a long time ago…

I plan on spending around $400 (Canadian) if I buy a video card at the beginning of Sept.

This increases to $600 if I wait till mid-November.

I heard that the Radeon 9700(R300) will be coming out really soon and that GeForce 5 (NV30) will be coming out sometime in November/December.

So my question is if I should buy a new video card soon and go with the Radeon 9700, wait for GeForce 5 series (0.13 micron), or wait for the Radeon 10000 (also 0.13 micron)

I'll be forking out a lot of moneys so I want to buy something that won't need to be upgraded for awhile.

well wait and see what specs are out for the 9000 pro.. its should be similar in price to a low end 8500 with faster core speed...

the thing to remember is that the 9700 is going to stay up in price for a reasonable amount of time...

the current incarnation SHOULD drop once the 0.13 mircon dies come out for the 9700... the 10000 will be 0.13 unless things change..

right now you are seeing ALL the cards dropping in price... its good for us.. but what is in store for the gamers? is everyone going to say well cards are cheap now so we expect everyone out there to go and buy these cards so lets crank up our games specs so only the super duper cards can play them...

if thats the case.. heck boycott... no way am I changing my card every other month...

:)

btw I started this thread to let you know about the 9700 and the fact that it is fast and the fact that in the tests run on the website I listed... not once did the card crash.. therefore lets assume that the drivers are decent to start with for the programs in the tests...

I am not trying to say ati the company is better than nvidia the company :)

however... ati is not a crappy company... nor are its products totally useless... some credit may be due to the canadian manufacturer...

:D

Get whatever video card u want if u r in the market for a new one. As far as ATI verus Nvidia they both have good and bad things about them. I'll also say that I heard and read a lot about ATI drivers having problems but I can't say if they do or don't from anything over then what I've read since all of my systems have a Nvidia chipset. Time will be the true test of the up coming video cards.

i will totally laugh my butt off if all the catalyst drivers for ATI cards are as stable as hell. Its pretty funny how all the nvidia people are the ones who are complaining about the drivers and all of the ATI people are saying they are fine. Perhaps at one time, they were horrible. And now, they have cleaned up their act. Also, it could be an error in simple user.exe

ATI Radeon

I use a Radeon All in Wonder 8500DV and I have nothing but good things to say about ATI. It works GREAT....Not just good! I use it like a TIVO to record programs and then I write them to VCD and watch them on my DVD player in my bedroom. I capture Video and have seen no limitations on what I try do do. I run the new Catalyst drivers and they are working great. The Catalyst drivers need to be installed in the proper order, That I grant you. However, it is clearly detailed on ATI's site exactly how to install them. I look forward to the next 9700 Radeon All in Wonder card. I am a Computer Professional and have been doing repair to the component level for over 30 years.

Abit AT7 Max Raid Motherboard (NO Legacy Devices)
XP 2000+ Processor
1.5 Gig PC2700 333 DDR Ram
4- 80 Gig Maxtor 7200 RPM ATA133 Drives Raided to 320 Gig
ATI Radeon All in Wonder 8500DV 64 Meg Video
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Sound Card
JGE470P4 500 Watt Power Supply
Plextor 40/12/40A CDRW
Sony 16X DVD

Originally posted by catch23
I have 3 Radeons....I've tried the Catalyst drivers....THEY DON'T WORK.
Well, the new drivers clearly work (see sig)

mavis

I have 3 Radeons....I've tried the Catalyst drivers....THEY DON'T WORK.
What are you talking about? They are an imporvement. I think you are partial to nvidia. i just let the benchmarks talk for themselves.

The Catalyst drivers work fine for people with 8500's...they DON'T work for most of us with anything under that though...

3 different cards and I can't get one to work...with ANY ATi driver...that's sad...THAT'S why I hate ATi.
I have a 7500, works so much better. regardless of their past history, they are placing out great product. The NV30 has had so many set backs. Nvidia is having problems getting the .13 micron gpu to work, it will run, but not stably. They as looking to delay the launch. (just thought you might like to know). As for the driver support, hopefully they took a look at the dets, and learned something. As for the GeForce 4 Ti4600, no driver update will fix the current gap between the the 4600 and the up and comping 9700

Of course no driver will fix the gap between the Radeon 9700 and the GF4 Ti 4600...it's a next generation card...don't you understand that? It should beat out that GF4 a LOT more than it is.

The NV30 isn't being pushed back because they're having problems...they're making it better...If you've looked at the whitepaper...you'd know that the NV30 chip's capabilities are far beyond the Radeon 9700's.
look at anadatech.com they are having problems getting it to run. I am sure they are trying to improve, but as of today, they are having problems. Read the entire article on the 9700

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back