Radeon 9700 - any1 have it?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Canibus, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Canibus

Canibus Guest

hey any actually have the radeon 9700 yet? almost every local store keeps telling me different shippent dates, ( they told me, 22nd, 28th, and now they dunno) if any1 actually has it, where did u get it??
    the local stores are compusa, bestbuy, circuit city, ebworld, which are authorized ATI resellers. =/

plz post any info that cant end my radeon 9700 journy ;p

2. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

over at Rage3D a number of users have posted saying they are purchasing it directly from ATI.. pretty darned expensive though.. I think they paid like $459 or so US..
  3. Canibus

Canibus Guest

yea thnx, but there sold out. and thats where i got the info on my local stores =/ besides its over 500+ with shipping and tax
    like whoa =/.. i rather pick it up for 432 ;p
  4. wrcooper4

wrcooper4 Guest

i got mine already but i sorta got mine thru the inside so the odds of you getting one are slim i got mine thru dell to test to see if its worth putting in there new 8300 and 4550 dont know yet its awsome but its not compatible with some games
  5. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

NV30 will be nothing, I think the 9700 will be comparable, ATI got the jump because they didn't wait for the small process to be ready.
  6. john30uk

john30uk Guest

HOW THE HELL can u say the nvidia n30 will be nothing /alright the r300 will most deffinetly blow away rhe ti4600 bi=ut u seen no figures yet but the nvidia is close to 7 months old nothing to boast about.

The next nvidia card will obliterate ati back to there hole for another 7 months trying to build yet another card.

Dont be folloed by the spec,look at the Maxtor Parhelia(can't spell it)its spec was through the roof and it got beat by Ati 8500 and Nvidia G-Force 4 TI 4600 .
  7. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

Nvidia has released the specs on the NV3X core, and I read it was nothing too special it was just the same as the R300, only later. The only thing that is takin so long is the delays in manufacture of the smaller process.
  8. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

yeah, ATI also has many months to start on the next gen, nvidia made a mistake..... shouldn't of waited for the smaller process
  9. john30uk

john30uk Guest

10. john30uk

john30uk Guest

MEANT TO SAY MANAGE TO BEAT(my key are sticky same as cap locks)
  11. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Is that why nvidia shares have fallen recently.. cos they are SOOO good!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
  12. wrcooper4

wrcooper4 Guest

actually if you want to know nvidia is finally solving there bigest problem you know what it is
    rectal cranium inversion
    they are finally going to use a dual processor board and where did they get that tech from can anyone guess
    3DFX humm does that voodoo 5 5500 ring any bells they are using really old tech on there new card and also ati is already working on the ati radeon 10000 which is going to use ddr 2 which the nv 30 is not going to support as well as the 13u and its going to use a few other cool things from what i understand from ati
    GOD i love working for DELL
  13. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

Philadelphia PA
    I read that since ATi opened up two development and research places, (one on esat cost and west cost) they will be able to keep up with the 6th moth cycle that the industry is so shaped to. So now many ATi can compete on the same level. and the R300 is going to be made on a .13 as opposed to the .15 now. they will announce latter.