Radeon 8500LE 128MB

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by canadian_divx, Nov 8, 2002.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

i am thinking of buying a ATI Radeon 8500LE 128MB AGP Video Card because it is on sale but i want to know if i can get somehting bettwe for my system near the same price

my system is a
    amd xp1600+ 1.5ghz
    896mb sdram
    40gb 7200rpm
    40gb 5200rpm
    gforce 2 mx 400 64mb ddr
    soundblaster aduigy gamer
    cdrw 16x32x40x
    DVD 24x

here is the link to the ati card but is anyone know of anything better for near the same price can you post the link, and it is in canadian

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...-web3&biasid=8ADFFE689B7E4B9DB07545CAB33622E3

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

169 canadian buckeroos?

its a decent enough card m8...

you might consider paying a tiny bit more and buying a radeon 9500 or 9500pro which are supposed to be in a quite similar price bracket... they are the cheapest nextgen vid cards with dx9 support and the pro outperforms all competing cards other than the 9700 and 9700pro...

you can also buy an nvidia 4200 for a similar performance.. ati looks nicer/nvidia gives you a few more frames per second in games...

if I were you I would wait for a bit...

and sorry I dunno canadian prices for the cards :) but should scale like they do in the us a little...

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i suppose $170 canadian is good... but a gf4 ti4200 will be a little faster, though i don't know how much canadian it'd be.

4. canadian_divx

that is about 500 canadian for the gforce 4 ti4200

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

no way... it's $340 on that same site... i'm sure it can be found cheaper if i knew of other canadian stores.

but probly not near the $170 you can get that 8500le for... so i'd say go for that.

6. canadian_divx

i did not see it there before, sorry i was looking at anouther quoate from anouther site. thanks for correcting me lol

7. canadian_divx

does wnyone know the ETA of the new nvidia cards that are to be comming out?????

8. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

looks like 1Q next year. }:\

oh, and you're welcome. }:>

9. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

yah nv30 probably introduced at comdex this month and production 1Q next year...

to keep up to speed with info just keep checking the main page for news updates :)

10. canadian_divx

damm a whole 5months before i can get it
    well thanks for everyones help