Quit smoking

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by tdinc, Apr 30, 2007.

1. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

Today is the second day for me without having a cig. my girlfriend has also quit along side with me.

It has been very difficult, the cravings and withdrawal symptoms are brutal.
    I have lots of support at home and work but, I have to say Im having a hard time right now...:cry:

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

It's one of the toughest things to do. But realize that many have given up smoking (I believe Marge quit a few years ago) and been successful at it.

Good luck!

3. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Good luck to you!

Personally I have never found how people think Smoking is addictive. I went though packs myself and enjoyed it until I wasn't getting nearly as buzzed anymore so I stopped, and that was it. I never got any withdrawals or anything. I still occasionally smoke at parties or when I'm around friends that still smoke. But it is not very often, maybe I didn't do it long enough... or maybe I just have weird genes... but I never felt that grip that smokes have on some people.

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Stay strong. You'll be much happier once you can get over that proverbial hump.

5. epk

epk Moderator Political User Folding Team

yeah, good luck....

try to keep your mind busy so withdrawal isn't so heavy on ya :)

6. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

Congratulations.

7. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Carry a sledgehammer with you so you can smack that brick wall you hit after a while :)

8. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Well done, tdinc, and keep it up. :)

9. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Good job :) Just keep to out your mind as much as you can, and try not to count the days/weeks.

10. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I quit 26 months ago and now it never crosses my mind, it's only when I read post like this that I realise I used to be smoker. I was lucky and found it extremely easy to quit, even though I'd been a smoker for about 25 years I NEVER suffered from cravings and NEVER suffered withdrawl.

I woke up one morning lit a ciggie, thought I don't want to do this I'm gonna quit and I did. I can tell you the exact date, day and time I had my last filthy smoke, 9.30am March 4th 2005...If I'd have known it was gonna be this easy I'd have done it years ago.

Stick with it, you'll feel fantastic in the end. I tell you something, after a while you'll discover for yourself how bad you used to smell :suprised:
    :up:

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  11. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Good luck tdinc! I hope it goes well for you, it's a good move.