Quickly resize pictures

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by gmagnuson, Aug 18, 2003.

1. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

Hi,
    I have a website that has 600 or so members. I wanted to take pictures of each member and put them on their profile on the website. but my problem is: Is there a free program that allows me to quickly reduce all the photos to a specific resolution and size? and would allow me to crop the photograph? I would like for it to be able to convert them all at once or close to that. It is a big project, and I was hoping to make it as easy as possible.

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Things like photoshop and macromedia fireworks have will perform "batch" jobs like this.
    I don't know of any freeware that will do it though.. (hopefully someone else does.. :) )

3. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

ACDSee is awesome with batch resizes, rotates and such... There is a demo version. www.acdsystems.com

One of the best imaging programs IMO

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I know PaintShop Pro does this as a batch job.

For a free alternative, have your tried using the Microsoft Image Resizer Powertoy?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

The HTML Slide Show generator powertoy also creates thumbnails of multiple images automatically.

Give both of them a try, and see if they do the job for you.

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

6. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

Ok, I installed it, but cannot find out where it went...Thanks for all the quick replies.... :D

7. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

the powertoy.. just right click an image (or load of images) then you can see a new "resize images" option. :)