quick question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by moooo, Sep 25, 2003.

1. moooo

moooo Guest

Friends box keeps rebooting when it should be about to start windows. It detects the hard drive/cdrom drive and all. He just finished windows update and then it started doing it. Not sure what exactly the problem could be.

boot sequence:

ram check/del for bios
    dects drives
    after that it just reboots when it should say "loading windows 2000"

Not sure if he should format the drive and/or it could be ram/powersupply gone bad.

-moooo-

2. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

I would start by resetting the BIOS. I do not think it's a Windows thing.

3. moooo

moooo Guest

nope =(

i reset bio and no luck. i just gonna format his box. He prolly did something stupid and/or his box is a piece of poop anyway (one of the pcusa mobo amd900duron with pc100 ram :p) so he gets what he paid for.. $250 he shouldn't expect the greatest box in the world

4. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

If it isn't even comming up to "Loading Windows" then it may be something else altogether. Try booting to something else, even a floppy or CD just to make sure it gets past the POST.

5. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

Does it detect the drives properly?

6. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

If you need something to boot with (and have the recources available to download and burn it) then grab DamnSmallLinux from here: http://damnsmalllinux.org/
    I often use it if my machine wont boot as a test and/or quick backup operating system.

7. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator