Quick Question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Broomop, Apr 28, 2002.

  1. Broomop

    Broomop Guest

    i am getting NTL cable, and im gonig to have to buy a NIC. i think thats what its called anyway. Is there a way to run another pc to the internet using my PC and a nic. Also i would like to monitor the other PC when i felt like it. Could i do all this with the NIC?
  2. xsivforce

    xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

    Texas, USA
    NIC = Network Interface Card. I think you are talking about internet connection sharing. Yes, you can do that. There are a few ways to do it. You have to network your machines together. You can use a router. You can use a crossover cable. You will need a NIC in each machine. Two NIC's in one of the machines.
  3. Zedric

    Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team