Quick Launch bar

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Lisa, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Stupid newbie problem of the day foks - but you're my only hope. Any help you can give is hugely appreciated.

P4 2 Ghz Running XP Home Edition.

Last night, I defragmented my hard disk, using Norton Utilities Speed Disk and I ran the disk cleanup option in Tweak XP.

This morning, I switched on my computer, and my Quicklaunch bar is blank. I navigated into my 'C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch' directory, and the icons I want the bar to display are all there. So why aren't they displaying on the task bar as nature intended they be?

I can drag icons to the quick launch bar, and they sit there for a while, before seeemingly disappearing again.

Any ideas? Is there a setting in Win XP which my ignorant newbie fingers could have haplessly activated that's causing this strange feature?

If you can offer a suggestion, you will have made this clueless idiot's day. Much appreciated.
  2. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

You didnt run Nortons Window doctor did you (part of Norton Utilities2002). Why cos a simillar fing happened to me, but with explorer, after tracking my work I found that N-U2002 was the last thing I did b4 it went pair shaped!! :(

Anyway back to your problem, try completely overwriting the quicklaunch folder in your personal settings with the one from ALL USERS.