Question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by XpGuy1, Feb 3, 2004.

1. XpGuy1

XpGuy1 Mindless Poster

I think i already know the answer.. My machine is running XP i have the hard drive partitioned Into 2 drives I used to have a dual boot with XP and 2000 but i got rid of 2000. Now i want the dual boot back.. Can I installl 2000 without losing any data?? I know how to create the dual boot normally but i dont' want to lose the data i have on the machine now??

Any suggestions???

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

If you still have the partition available, you can simply install Windows 2000 back onto that partition. If you don't have the partition available, simply use Partition Magic to make it again (you won't loose any data) and then reinstall to that partition.

3. XpGuy1

XpGuy1 Mindless Poster

thats what i thought.. didn't want to go and do it and risk losing everything but thanks that is what i'll do...

4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

XpGuy,

from the forum guidelines:

• Do not use vague words in your topic.
    Topics such as "help me" will often be ignored- Members will be more likely to view a thread if the topic is more definitive. We want to help, however we can't if we are not lead to the thread

5. XpGuy1

XpGuy1 Mindless Poster

Sure thing Dreamliner.. i understand what you mean.. I actually wasn't sure where to put this question or how to phrase it.. but thanks.

6. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

just being a hard a** over here.