Question bout Kazaa

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by xk_2hot4u, May 12, 2002.

1. xk_2hot4u

xk_2hot4u Guest

I'm downloading some movies right now and their in .avi format. Now I was wondering what is the best application to view these and to rip if I choose so. Thks
  2. well i dont think that any player will play unfinished .avi file that u still downloading, but if u copy that file to some other dir and rename it from xxx.dat to xxx.avi then u can use DivFix107 to fix it and watch what you already have in any player.
  3. xk_2hot4u

xk_2hot4u Guest

Well I just downloaded the movie and tried to open it in the latest Divx player. It wont load. Now I tried on WM8 and it plays but everything is black....
  4. well it may be something with the file u got, i've had something like that with movies from kazaa no sound and no video. or does it give you anykind of errors? also try to dl latest divx codec at

which movie are you trying to watch by the way?
  5. xk_2hot4u

xk_2hot4u Guest

Yea I just downlaoded the latest code. Still doesnt work. The movie starts with an S. ;)
  6. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Santa Clara, CA
    ahan... S, hmm...:D
  7. if the other movies that u got are playing fine then i think it's just ****** up copy of movie that u downloaded
  8. oxy

oxy Guest

It sounds like you don't have the codec for the movie your trying to watch. Movies are compressed different ways, and different methods need different codecs. If you go to microsofts website you can download the mpeg4 codec, which is what most movies are nowadays. I've attatched a codec pack that if you will install, you will never need another one.
    As far as which program to use? I like GDIVX (Global DIVX) It does wonders on fullscreen.