Question about TV out.

pcxgamer

OSNN Junior Addict
I have a NVIDIA FX 5600 when I connect it to my TV the Maximum resolution that I can get my TV too is 800 x 600 I have an NTSC 35" to my knowledge this is the max resolution for this format. I have a friend that just bought an ATI 9600 and he claims that his resolution will go up to 1024 x 768 and higher, He has the same type of TV or at least a non HDTV, is this possible? If so how come his will go that high but mine won't? Also if he some how did manage to get it this high would that damage his TV?

Thanks

it has nothing to do with tv, but all to do with the tv encoder chip on the card. some do 1024x768 while some just do 800x600. these are the only two resolutions i've seen. but i think there are some that do 1280x1024..?

at any rate, it's not that big a deal. anything past 800x600 and you can't read normal text (barely can at 800x600) and 640x480 is best for movies anyway. i don't see a reason to have a high resolution on a tv if it's going to be blurry.

thank you very much for your response. i have one more question though. will running a non-HGTV television at 1024x768 do any damage to it?

Originally posted by pcxgamer
will running a non-HGTV television at 1024x768 do any damage to it?
none at all. the actual signal being sent to it it still the standard PAL or NTSC. there's no way to damage a tv while using tv-out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back