Question About the Vista Transformation Pack

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Im going to created a new user with admin rights, i want to Test the Vista Transformation pack 4 on that user, will this mess up anything on my account???

Re: new user

I don't think it should, you can always uninstall and things go back to normal anyways.

so i shouldnt create a new user for that? I just dont want anyting to go wrong on my end..

If the Transformation Pack replaces system files (and I'm almost sure it does), it'll affect the entire system, including your main user account.

Rather than creating a new account, which wouldn't do much good, I'd suggest imaging your drive (which is a good practice anyway) or creating a System Restore point at the very least. With that said, if the Tranformation Pack uninstaller is done properly, it should revert your system back to its original state.

no, u can create a new user, it shouldn't screw up anything on your account.

I was just saying, if for some reason it did, then you can just uninstall it. The only thing that will change on your end, the user account page, and the loading page.

Am I not Right?

Bman™ said:
no, u can create a new user, it shouldn't screw up anything on your account.

I was just saying, if for some reason it did, then you can just uninstall it. The only thing that will change on your end, the user account page, and the loading page.

Am I not Right?
In order to change shell icons, progress dialog animations etc, the Transformation Pack would need to patch/replace systems files, including shell32.dll and explorer.exe among others. These are not per-user files, so any changes to them affect the system as a whole.

And yes, it can be uninstalled, but if, for some reason, the uninstaller fails to revert the system back to its original state properly, every account on the system will be affected for the reason mentioned above. It's always best to have a backup of the system before you attempt to install anything that patches or replaces system files.

Thread moved and renamed.

The Vista Transformation pack does indeed replace system files including shell32.dll and explorer.exe.

NR is correct, it is a system change not a profile change.

well i did make anew suer and test it on there, its kinda lame..well its really lame, i get better skins using WB5, anyways i did keep the cool clock though...

of course you get better skins with WB5? you didn't think thats a new skinner program right? it's just for that one skin, which isn't that great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back