question about Opera.

P

PlagueWielder

Hey

Will I be able to load java, flash, .swl files (dont know what category they fall into) pages in it?

and also, will Hotmail work?

thanks

Of course you will. Like IE you will need to download flash and the java virtual machine.
Hotmail should work straight "out of the box" though.

thanks,

Tried it on my laptop and IE is WAY faster. Ill try it on my desktop later too to see if Opera is better there.

edit: one more question: how much memory does Opera use for u when u have more than one websites open?

thanks

Haven't got it installed at the moment (hdd failure, yummy!)
Mozilla's currently taking 38 of 512mb total, and thats with the IRC client open, and 3 pages/tabs.
I should imagine Opera will be slightly less.

sorry to hear that speedy.

IE uses about the same with 5 windows open.

ill give opera a try on my desktop in a couple minutes.

One thing to bear in mind with resource uses, is that IE is an integral part of your operating system, while the data contained in the webpages is the same, the initial footprint will be smaller.
Opera and Mozilla (and all their friends) have to load their own rendering engines etc into memory before any external data is even retreived.

anyone know where i can download a Flash plugin for opera? Ive tried www.flash.com but they dont have one for opera.

ok, tried it on my desktop and its really fast now, the only problem is that sometimes the memory usage jumps to 40 MB.
Is this normal?

Thanks

Edit: I cant scroll left and right for some reason, I can use the scroll bar at the bottom but I cant do it with my mouse.

Any ideas?

this is probably because of the automatic RAM caching ... if you don't want memory usage to jump, you might want to manually set it....

learn how to use mouse gesture... i assure you it will increase your p0rn surfing productivity ;) (provided that you have cable/dsl/faster).

yes, I have ADSL.

Well... Ive found the Memory Cache settings but I have no idea what to set it to, so can u please tell me whats a good setting or whats yrs set to?

Also, are the mouse gestures in Help -> Mouse the only gestures that are available or can I download plug-ins for them?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back