Question about disableling File protection?

S

SaintKaden

I keep getting this message popup after I installed a hacked uxtheme.dll file on my SP1 installation about the file being missing and the CD needed.

Now i completely understand why this is happening but is there a way to say add the file to an ignore list. I've head you can completely disable Windows File Protection but i don't know if I want that (I like the security).

Any suggestions are welcome! ;)

The attached text file may (or may not) be of some use to you

The ignore list you are looking for is the file "filelist.xml" in System 32. You can add things there to exclude them from system file protection and system restore. Never touched it myself.
If you want to replace uxtheme.dll it should not be necessary to edit this file. The easiest way to do it is to use andyp's PatchXp, see the thread pinned to the Themes forum. How did you do it? Has your hacked dll the right version number [6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)]? Did you also replace or rename the backup copy in Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 or if slipstreamed system32\dllcache?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back