Quake2 for XP

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Robi, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Robi

Robi Guest

Hi,
    Is Quake2 available for XP? Recently I tried to install a demo version but received an error saying it can't run 16-bit apps. If yes, please let me know the details. My comp details are :

Pentium II 233 MMx
    128MB Ram
    Sis 6326 4MB AGP
    Win XP Professional 2000

2. notoes

notoes Guest

Yes, It works, I did a max. install just like I used to with 98, no problems here

3. wyrlwyn

wyrlwyn Guest

um, i haven't had any problems with q2 or q3a. the only games that don't work for me are tribes 2, rollecoaster tycoon corckscrew follies, and sim coaster.

4. Misfire

Misfire OSNN Addict

try updating your windows. use windows update. i think you download a compatibility patch

5. G-Money

G-Money Big Air

wyrlwyn

Hey wyrlwyn.......

Tribes 2 runs great for me......... Check your updates..etc...

Side note... Q2 and Q3 work perfect.....

:cool:

6. G-Money

G-Money Big Air

Robi

Robi

You need to upgrade your video card.............................

:cool:

7. -=Mafia=-

-=Mafia=- Guest

i had a problem w/ Q2 dont remember wut the error was though. I changed my video settings in the game and now it works fine. try chaning it from software to opengl and you should be fine

8. Phantom_24

Phantom_24 Guest

You should be able to even install QUAKE on XP....I did....

Had to go through a console command to do it, since Quake "doesn't install on NT systems" or something like that. So if I can get QUAKE to install....Q2 shouldn't be too difficult.....actually got that one working too, though for SOME stupid freakin reason.....it (and all its expansion packs) keep forgetting my SAVED GAMES....Doh !!)