Quake III Arena & WinXP Mouse Problem

Originally posted by Sm|th 6th
Explorer is an excellent gaming mouse... that is not the problem. The problem is eithe in your config or your system.

I agree, the explorer is an excellent mouse - ive had mine for 4 years now - still as awesome an smooth runnin as the day i bought it.

I had tried that reg file on the computer but it was the same - the mouse is now a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical (the white one with 2 silver buttons each side) running on USB - same problem with wacky sensitivity an stuff.

Turned off Zonealarm, problem solved :D

Yeah...I got the same mouse...never had a problem (I don't believe in AV or Personal Firewalls, I have my own IP, and nothing on my computer is very important.

I reinstalled the computer with Windows XP Professional and Norton Personal Firewall 2002 and problem solved :D

lol, my problem with the mouse was batteries stuff..
eheh anyway, got fed up with it, bought a logitech dual optical, and i dont want anything else now..
i can hardly use a mouse with ball now..

You mean you can actually still use one??

:D

I've been corrupted by technology...

I do like my Logitech Dual Optical except the side and scroll button can be a "Challange" to setup sometimes when it comes to gaming!. I'm using the 9.41 drivers I beleive. I also check the Use MS office compatibility and scroll in active window only. I set the side button up with the "enter" button and use autoscroll for the wheel ( I hate the web wheel and it's a REAL pain in games!)

I don't like the "web wheel" optoin.....when gaming it causes problems.

Ok lol...if we are indeed talking about the same thing, I couldn't live without it...

Re: ...

Originally posted by dejav00
Ok lol...if we are indeed talking about the same thing, I couldn't live without it...

I concur... w/o it I would never be able to get frags in CS :) its the whole thing about running with knife and switching with the web wheel...

I LOVE THE WEB WHEEL...

by the way dejav00... where the heck is the united stateds ???

:D

OK I'm NOT making myself clear.

I can't live without the wheel either....BUT it depends on what FUNCTION you assign the wheel!!! I use autoscroll as when I had it set to webwheel (Which brings up the big cirlce with options!) the actual webwheel would show in games like Dungeon Seige!

I hope you guys now understand what I mean....

oooooooo ok...i c what you mean...bleh...i can c why ud hate that...

OMG sazar...I've been sabotaged...it must have been one of those mods...or that crazy admin, cuz it's been like that since March 8 when i registered, and no one has ever said anything...never fear though...people will take your comment as a joke and assume you mis-typed it after i fix it and it is fixed on every post ive ever made...muahahahhahahaaaaa...

Are you talking about your post number which is stuck on 498?

nah lol...

my Location "Grand Junction, Colorado, United States Of America, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe"

Use to be (before I changed it) "Grand Junction, Colorado, United Stateds Of America, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back