Quad SLi Cards?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ming, Dec 15, 2005.

1. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Just came across this article on Quad cards and was surprised at what those people are thinking. I, myself, would love to try out a two-card SLi but highly unlikely to ever build a machine with more than 1 graphics card (coz I can't afford it :p)

The pictures in the article gets more interesting as you move along... some might find them "shocking" - love the power supply for the cards though. lol :laugh:

Source: Tom's Hardware

legodude83089 likes this.
  2. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

Very nice review, for all the neigh sayers I think the charts speak for themselves, they are flat out screaming cards that already beat everything out there... if they ever get them 100% stable Quad CPU SLI setups will be popping up all over..

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

I'm more excited about ASUS putting 2 7800 GPUs and 1 gig RAM on a single card than the quad feature. :)

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Check prices and power requirements and size requirements.

Those babies are not going to be all over, not everyone is going to be able to afford that much stuff m8.

I personally, no way in HELL am I going to come close to spending 3-4k on JUST video cards :) and then even more for power bills with the external plugs. Nor am I going to buy a whole new case to fit those beasts in.

5. hazmatt87

hazmatt87 OSNN Junior Addict

I love how they said that the video cards have to be fed 'intravenously' with their own external power supply. Hehe, thg always has the best reviews.