Puter going flakey???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by damnyank, Mar 19, 2002.

1. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Could someone please click on Windows Update and let me know what they come up with?

I am getting nothing more than the Euro Converter for Windows XP and yesterday I had three or four more under the Windows Xp area and one under Critical in reference to some sort of error - which I decided I did not neeed to download because my puter wasn't doing what it said it would correct.

REGARDLESS - I need some help as to wether Windows Update is wokring correclty or not.

PS My installation history appears to be in tact!

I am also having a problem with my Outlook Express - telling me I have no mail dropbox for my alternate account - however - I know that COMCAST can do some crazy things. My Primary account and Hotmail which I have working thru Outlook Express are working fine!

Yes I did scan for virus and have NONE!

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

looked fine to me... as far as that critical error,blah blah, don't go neer it unless it adresses a problem you're having

3. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Thanks dealer - well, actually it is not what I needed to hear - but I'll keep going to see what I can dig iup.

As for the Blah blah - no waaay will I touch something that does NOT apply! Been there done that and won't do it again!

Again - Thanx!

4. Kirrie2001

Kirrie2001 Guest

puter going flakey

Hi damnyank, just checked windows update, and it works OK for me.
    Scan, 25%, 50%, 75%, then no new updates for your computer at present. Then try again later. Hope this helps. :)

5. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

No prob here. That is except "they" want me to re-install Windblows messenger. :p One small prob though. "They" say there is a driver update for my NIC (Realtek Net Driver Version 5.397.0104.2002) I have tried 3 times. It will d/l but will not install. Don't know why.

6. Kirrie2001

Kirrie2001 Guest

puter going flakey

Cause you`re using the wrong puterxsieve :D :D

7. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team