Punkbuster and XP ??!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Wasp, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Wasp

Wasp Guest

Ok guys !

after i tried everything to get my problem solved (new via patch, nvidia drivers 23.11, BIOS flashed, etc.) i found out that my problem -->CS crashing to desktop is caused by Punkbuster <-- thats strange..well i have no experience with Win Xp so i hope you have a solution for me.

Before i go on i just have to tell you ..no i have NO Firewall installed also the one included in XP is not activated, so it would be great if you could help me out of this...

and yes i can play on non PB servers without crashing to desktop...and before you ask on -- HL and CS are new installed too..no cheats no models ..nothing just a clear install

i also dont get a PB message (authing) before it kicks me to desktop...so i think its some kind of a firewall/network related problem and i dont know where to disable that feature..well HEEELPPP :p

thx in advance :)

my specs:
    Duron 750
    Epox KTA 2 Mainboard
    GF 2 MX Hercules Prophet
    256 MB Ram
    19" mon. at 100 hz :p

2. patrickjp

patrickjp Guest

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

try using this program or gamespy to connect and have them load it for you rather you use the exe on your desktop.. just a thought cause that's how I use it and I rarely had this prob..

I found that after doing all the winxp updates it no longer crashes.

good luck

3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Sounds very strange, but then there are plenty of alternatives to Punkbuster arriving, would have asked if you had disabled the windowsxp firewall - which is enabled by default.

4. Wasp

Wasp Guest

hmpf....

ok i just found out that it isn`t on all PB servers

it seems that it has to do with an admin-mod,TSC script those serveradmins installed cause i only crash on some PB,Paladin servers not on all...

stay tuned...maybe i find out more

thx for your "help" :p

5. Wasp

Wasp Guest

not Punkbuster...

well it now seems that it is a open gl and Win XP probs..jeeez im getting tired of this..Direct3D just works fine only in open Gl mode it doesnt work

*sad*

help appreciated :)