Pulling my hair out,D-Link 300T

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Oni, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Oni

Oni OSNN One Post Wonder

:squareeye Hi and thanks for reading :)

The prob i have is that the Local area connection keeps droping the connection and i have to keep using the repair button, the d-link is staying connected at 4mb so i dont think it is it :rolleyes:
    Im using winxp sp2 home, i get error message's that an address cant be asigned to the computer and that the DNS cache cant be cleared, any ideas

thanks for any help

Oni

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

I did a web search and found multiple complaints about the Dlink locking up. The only solution was from someone who had tech support tell him to set it up as just a modem and then use an external router. Lame idea of support but it gave the guy the functions he needed.

http://forum.zensupport.co.uk/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=26&MessageID=228&TopicPage=2

Looking at the links I found if it's still in warantee consider exchanging it for another one, or another brand/model.

3. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

my dlink 624 wireless drops sporadically. ive messed around with firmware upgrades, it has seemed to help. try firmware updating perhaps.

4. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

I have a DLINK DI-524+ which I loathe, the wireless hardy works, luckily I have 2 other Linksys routers that I use. Im selling it to a friend (who works at DLINK)

I hate DLINK, I love Linksys.

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I love Linksys too, I even have Linksys sheets and pillowcases :nervous:

6. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Unfortunately I have a D-LINK also, a 624+ , latest revision with one antenna. I hate it. It took me forever to get the wireless working and it drops the signal altogether fairly often. Had to RMA it twice.