PS3 Audio Info

mav88

OSNN Addict
Hey folks,

Now the PS3 is out in the UK i just want to ask a question. I wont be buying one straight away, i guess I may get one eventually depending on funds and games etc for the platform.

Anyway, in my set up i would use a HDMI cable to connect the PS3 to the high def tv, now what i want to know is ... i would want to use an optical cable to connect the PS3 to our DVD (or my 6.1 amp) player which intern would give me 5.1 surround sound! Is this possible?? Im just wondering because of the crap about DRM and that i believe optical is not a secure connection so would i be able to do what iv suggested, or would I only get sound through the TV (HDMI conenction but stereo sound :dead: ).

Its just a question thats been bugging me recently.

Cheers

HDMI, carries the audio as long as the signal, If you have an HDMI capable receiver just hook tup thje cable to the reciever. Then you would eed another one to run from the receiver to the tv. if your tv has an audio out you can run the optical to the receiver from the tv

Yes you can run audio to the reciver directly,, through the optical, DRM shouldn't be an issue.

Of course this is Sony, so what they actually do might really be draconian in nature. You won';t know unitl you try it out.

Thx for the reply. Its just that the only thing i have with hdmi is the tv. The dvd player is currently linked up by scart and deoesnt have a hdmi connection, neither does my amp, so to get the surround id have to use optical etc

hmm well i guess only time will tell, but it would be crap if i ended up only been able to have stereo from the tv coz of the hdmi issues!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back