PS2 network connect thru wireless laptop?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by peteRok, Mar 15, 2005.

1. peteRok

peteRok OSNN One Post Wonder

FIRST POST!!

Tried googling this but didn't come up with much.

I'm thinking of getting a network adapter for my PS2 but a major sticking point is whehter I'll need to run a long arse cable from my router in the other room to the PS2.

The alternative im thinking of is using my 'wireless connected laptop' as a switch so I can route my PS2 thru the 802.3 ethernet port and out the 802.11b wireless to the intarweb. Has anyone tried this before either with the PS2 or XBox Live? I'm a little weary of this because I've heard that running two network devices in the same computer doesn't work :dead:

2. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

two nics in one machine not a problem - dunno what you heard , but if you know what you are doing this is commonplace - people do it so that they can stay online while they invite a friend (or maybe even their lappie) to join in via another network connection - hell my mobo even has two! You should nto let a cable hold you up - it wil be superior to wifi also - up to you at the end of the day - just go for it - I have to file this post now before your avatar induces the latent epilepsy here.... :p