ps2 harddrive questions

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Taurus, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i assume it's okay to post a playstation 2 question here. otherwise, let me know.

well i just got the network adapter for mine and notice the standard ide and power connectors on it for a harddrive. now i notice there isn't much use for having a hd yet, but i have an extra hd or 2 and want to experiment. but before i do i want to know what kind of partition and file format i should establish on it first. and i have a feeling i'll need some kind of files/software on it to get the ps2 to recognize it? oh, and should it be set to master? cable select?

thanks.

2. Nickp

Nickp Guest

Theres a thread on ps2newz.net covering this and if I new the link I would post it :)

At the moment if you attached a HD it wouldn't do anthing unless you have a game that supports it, such a japanese version of one of the FF series (can't remember which one, probably the latest). If you got such a game it formats the disk itself so you don't have to worry about that. Oh, and another thing, thanks to Sony's magic gate technology, only a sony HD will work with it unless your planning a little homebrew fun.