Promise Raid Sx4000

J

JAKESPEED

I HAVE JUST INSTALLED A VIA MB, P4PB400 AND A PROMISE RAID SX4000 BOARD, ALONG WITH TWO MAXTOR DL740 7200RPM ATA 133 DRIVES ON IT. IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO GET THE SYSTEM UP AND RUNNING BUT IT WILL NOT COME UP PAST THE RAID UTILITY IF THE TWO DRIVES ARE ATTACHED. WITHOUT THEM IT WILL COME TO THE BUILD ARRAY WINDOW, BUT OF COURSE YOU CANT DO IT WITHOUT THE DRIVES. HOOK UP THE DRIVES AND IT GET TO THAT POINT AND SAYS IT DOES NOT DETECT PROPER INTERRUPTS, CHECK THE PCI IRQ SETUP AND MAKE SURE THE PCI SUPPORTS BUS MASTER OPERATIONS. IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT BUS MASTER IN THE VIA BOOK BUT I WOULD THINK IT DOES SUPPORT IT. I HAVE AN ETHERNET CARD AND SOUND CARD ALSO. MOVING THESE CHANGES NOTHING. THE ONLY WAY I GOT TO WHERE I AM IS BY A LOT OF TIME AND TROUBLSHOOTING TO FIND OUT VERY LITTLE. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

I assume your going for raid 0? If so are you doing a clean install?Second if your using a Promise card on a pci slot are you sure you dont have any onboard raid gettin in the way. If so youd have to disable any onboard in the bios and possibly a jumper. Have you tried moving the raid card to a different slot? Are you running a master cable to each drive or using a master/slave. And lastly I cant remember what you said about your drives but are they identical, same make and size sometimes makes a difference. Im
not at all familiar with your mobo so Im just guessin at this. Sorry I cant be more help.

Just thought of somethin else. Are your drives jumpers both set to master? You said they were new and that usually means that their set to slave. They should both be set to master or cable select if your board is cs ready. If yes to all of this Id remove the raid card temporarily and individually hook up your maxtors to the normal eide port to see if you get any errors. You may have a bad drive. Ive gotten a couple bad ones right out of the box before. Hope this helps

guess his cap lock is stuck, annoying i cant get through an all caps post, bothers my eyes
on a 21" monitor its HUGE!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back